First published: 14th May 2018
The Hong Kong Trade and Industry Department (TID) has updated its advice on the licensing requirements for the import and export of encryption products. The advice was last updated on 12 May 2009.
- Removing a paragraph noting that import and export licences are required even if these products are merely in transit through Hong Kong.
- Updating the location of the Cryptography Note that contains details of exemptions.
- Changes to the arrangements for paper licensing forms and the supporting documents required.
- Changes to the arrangements for electronic applications.
- Acknowledgement of the changing nature of U.S. regulations and addition of a link to the relevant U.S. Government's website.
- Changes to the arrangements for issuing licenses.
- The addition of India to the list of states participating in the Wassenaar Arrangement. India joined in December 2017.