First published: 09th October 1999The Association of Anti-Virus Asia Researchers 1999 conference will take place in Seoul, Korea on the 28 and 29 October.
To register, please fill out the registration form.
- Title : "Computer Virus: Present Status and Prevention Strategy"
- Date : 28 - 29, Oct. 1999
- Place : Grand Hyatt Seoul Lotus and Tulip (2F)
- Address : 747-7 Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Ku, Seoul 140-210, South Korea
- Telephone : +82 2 797 1234 Sales
- Fax : +82 2 798 6953
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Audience : 100
The audience will be anti-virus software companies, some firewall companies, government organizations, managers who are responsible for computer network and anti-virus programs.
- Language : English (simultaneous interpretation for Korean audience)
- Registration Price
(excluded accommodation costs)
- Members : USD 150 (180,000 won)
- Non-members : USD 170 (204,000 won)
-- Before the Conference --
- AVAR Board of Directors' Meeting on 27th, Oct. (Details will be announced.)
-- The 1st day of Conference (28th, Oct.) --
- 09:30~10:00 Registration
- 10:00~10:10 "Opening address" -- "The future of AVAR" Seiji Murakami (President of JCSR, AVAR Chairman, Japan)
- 10:10~10:20 "Opening address" -- Charles Ahn (President of Dr, Ahn's anti-virus laboratories Inc., AVAR Vice Chairman, Korea)
- 10:30~10:50 Welcome address by Chul Soo Lee (President of Korea Information Security Agency, Korea)
- 11:00~11:40 "Virus in Microsoft Exchange environment" To be announced" ( Someone will make a presentation on behalf of Mr. Richard Ku)
- 11:40~13:00 Lunch and break
- 13:00~13:40 "CERT's Activities and Anti-Virus System in Korea" Chae Ho Lim (Technical Assistance Manager of Korea Information Security Agency, Korea)
- 13:50~14:30 "Ethics, Safety and Security in the IT Curriculum" Allan Dyer (Technical Director of Yui Kee Co. Ltd., AVAR Director : Technical Division, HongKong)
- 14:40~15:00 Coffee Break
- 15:00~15:40 "Anti-virus : Technology development and the future" Seok Chul Kwon (President of HAURI Inc., AVAR Director:Marketing and Planning Division, Korea)
- 15:50~16:30 "To be announced" David Banes (Manager of SARC of Asia Pacific of Symantec, Australia)
-- The 2nd day of Conference (29th, Oct.) --
- 10:00~10:40 "Computer Virus : Internet Worms" Motoaki Yamamura (SARC Manager of Symantec, AVAR Vice Chairman, USA)
- 10:50~11:30 "Information and Internet Security" Allan Dyer (Technical Director of Yui Kee Co. Ltd., AVAR Director:Technical Division, HongKong)
- 11:30~13:00 Lunch and break
- 13:00~13:40 "Minimum Virus Protection" Motoi Endo (JSCR Anti-virus Researcher, AVAR Director: Administrative/Technical Division, Japan)
- 13:50~14:30 "To be announced" Masaaki Kimura (Director of Information Economy Office, Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Japan)
- 14:30~14:50 Coffee Break with Cookies
- 14:50~15:30 "History of Computer Virus in KOREA" Charles Ann (President of Dr, Ahn's anti-virus laboratories Inc., AVAR Vice Chairman, Korea)
- 15:30~16:00 Speakers' Panel Session
-- The end of Conference with the audience --
- 16:00~17:00 AVAR Annual Meeting (Memebers only) on 29th, Oct.